www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dennis Flattmann <denn...@mindspring.com>
Subject general/4683: pass word mismatch when using htaccess
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 21:16:56 GMT

>Number:         4683
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       pass word mismatch when using htaccess
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
getting password mismatch errors in logs and cannot acces htaccess protected directory with
valid pw.
www.extremeorgasm.com click members and enter test with password test.
>Fix:
if clear test is entered instead of the script generated encrypted pw works fine.  Really
just want to know if its not supported.  I thought I understood from your notes on 1.3.6 that
the problem was not in 1.3.4 but after downgrading problem still persisted.  Will this be
fixed in a future release?