www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/4262
Date Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:03:59 GMT
TTSG wrote:

>         This has been open for over 2 months. I really find it abhorent
>  that it hasn't received an answer or been closed with "SCREW OFF".

How much are you paying for this support?  There are many reports
that have been open longer than yours, so you shouldn't feel
you're being singled out.

>  realize its a public domain program, but the least you can do is
>  acknowledge it exists and say that the functionality is broken and
>  remove it.

It is NOT a 'public domain' programme.  It is free software;
there is a difference, legal and actual.  You don't seem to
realise how things work in such projects; people typically
work on what they find fun.  If it weren't fun, it would be work.

The proxy module is a nasty one, and no-one likes working on
it.  The rewrite module is also very hairy, and it doesn't
get touched much by anyone except its author.  We're
acknowledging that the problem exists by keeping the report
open.

>              I'm VERY disappointed that neither the author of mod_proxy
>  or mod_rewrite even have said "Hey, it don't work, get over it".

Get over it.  This is a volunteer project, and no-one is under
any obligation to do anything.  The developers devote what time
they wish to work on what aspects they wish.  I suggest that
you either wait patiently until someone works on the issue, or
else be constructive by trying to help find a solution.  So far
all you've done is nag, with three messages within eight days of
submission, and now this.  Let us fix it how and when we feel
like it, or make the problem interesting enough that someone
will *want* to fix it in preference to doing something else,
or else fix it yourself.  You have the source, after all.

And filing reports with bogus and snide email addresses, as you
did with 4614 and 4615, is not likely to win you any friends or
make people eager to work on problems you report.  In addition
to any responses not being sent back to you if someone does
work on them..
--
#ken  P-|}