www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dragomir draganoff <draga...@eden.rutgers.edu>
Subject general/4678: precompiled Apache 1.3.6 has a Makefile.tmpl which is not a c file
Date Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:14:10 GMT

>Number:         4678
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       precompiled Apache 1.3.6 has a Makefile.tmpl which is not a c file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I tried to execute, as the Apache manual suggests the following command:
nmake /f Makefile.nt all install

output on the command line:
makefile.tmpl(143): fatal error U1001: syntax error: illegal character '_' in macro

The precompiled Makefile is not a C/C++ file and it is not possible to use it in a VC++ 6.0
environment, as the manual suggests.