www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From stodd...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/4628: Older DOS-based (16-bit) CGI programs eat memory and eventually fail to execute
Date Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:42:31 GMT

Synopsis: Older DOS-based (16-bit) CGI programs eat memory and eventually fail to execute

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: stoddard
State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 29 10:42:26 PDT 1999
State-Changed-Why:
There are known problems with 16-bit CGIs in Apache that will be
fixed in 1.3.7. Losing memory is not one of the problems we've seen, though.
Can you verify that the system is -really- running out of memory?
How large has apache.exe grown when you see the failure?

In my testing, I observe that apache.exe grows with each request
until all the threads have been disatched at least once then the process
size stabilizes. Maybe this is what you are seeing.