www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From p...@bolthole.com (Philip Brown)
Subject Re: mod_so/4645: DSO basically just doesn't work.
Date Fri, 25 Jun 1999 02:28:02 GMT
After my clean build+install on the solaris 2.6 box, I went back to the 2.7
box.

I did a fresh untar of 1.3.6.
I used the EXACT SAME FLAGS that worked on the s2.6 box:

./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=so
--prefix=/export/scratch/apache --enable-shared=max

[except I used --prefix=/export/home/apache]

and yes, httpd dumps core when you try to run it.

SO this seems to be an issue specifically with solaris 2.7, aka 7.

The only bugid I can find regaurding the linker under solaris 7,
is sun bugid 106950, but that doesn't seem to be relevant.
That is reguarding not being able to dlopen() the library.
But the apache problem gets past dlopen.