www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "jon *" <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4648: lousy installation scripts
Date Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4648; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "jon *" <jon@clearink.com>
To: Philip Brown <phil@bolthole.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4648: lousy installation scripts
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:01:24 -0700

 >  could you not see a fairly close relation to "--apache-src" there?

 Of course I could see the relation. The point is that you typed it wrong and
 that would of course cause the installation to fail and would of course
 cause the server to not startup, etc.

 >  again, you're not addressing my bug

 Your "bug" is that you did not read the INSTALL document properly. I think I
 addressed that perfectly.

 >  Yes, I looked at that. a bunch of different stuff, and I tried the stuff that
 >  seemed now.

 I cannot understand what you are trying to say here.

 >  heLLO, I suggested a SPECIFIC CHANGE. Splitting the INSTALL doc completely
 >  into DSO, and non-DSO information, instead of having one intermingled file.

 The Java Apache project is a 100% volunteer project. If you have issues with
 the INSTALL document, then contribute back to the project by actually
 helping out with the work. Telling someone else to do the work is only
 adding to the problem. Add to the solution.

 >  Schmuck.

 Calling me names is childish and is not going to solve your problems.

 > You barely even read my bug report, as is obvious by my above
 >  counterpoints.

 I totally read your bug report. I read all of the bug reports that come
 through. The entire contents of your bug report were related to you not
 following directions properly. If you would like to send me a /complete/
 report of your installation (copy/paste your telnet sessions if you have
 to), I would be more than happy to point out all the areas where you messed
 it up.

 cya,

 -jon