www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "jon *" <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4640: Reload of servlet page with date-modified set results in date parse exception
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:10:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4640; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "jon *" <jon@clearink.com>
To: Michael.roeschter@dynaware.de
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4640: Reload of servlet page with date-modified set
	 results in date parse exception
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:09:18 -0700

 > Be more lenient when parsing the dates by taking only the first argument of
 > a header field which is expected to contain dates.

 I don't really consider this a bug in our software since you should not be
 setting dates that far in the past 1933??? ;-)

 How about you coding things so that you are not setting a date before 1970.

 Eitherway, if you really want to see a fix for this so that you can set
 dates in 1933, please submit a patch. Otherwise, I think this will be pretty
 low on our bug priority list. ;-)

 -jon