www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Raymond Lau <r...@csc.com>
Subject other/4639: Suggestion - implement certain time critical modules as Real Time module.
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:29:51 GMT

>Number:         4639
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Suggestion - implement certain time critical modules as Real Time module.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is a suggestion.  I was thinking that certain modules of
APACHE can be implemented as real-time modules.  RT-Linux do provide
certain support for low-level hard real-time support.  This might
speed up APACHE.  Of course, running something in real-time does not neccessarily
make a process runs faster if the process itself is not optimized.

Just want to see what you guys think of that?

Was there a talk on making APACHE a multi-thread application?

I would be happy to contribute!
>How-To-Repeat:
No a problem.