www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bryon Dun <nam...@northants.fire-uk.org>
Subject config/4638: Apache will only work in "single user" access with Dual Processor fitted and live
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:57:09 GMT

>Number:         4638
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Apache will only work in "single user" access with Dual Processor fitted
and live
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Prior to upgrading the K420 from 64MB and single 50Mhz SPARC processor,
Apache worked well, with little processing required and many users online.

After upgrading to 320Mb memory and replacing the processor with
Dual 75Mhz SPARC processors, (and recompiling the Kernel) Apache refuses to
work in more than single access mode, (i.e. only one browser may access
it a time).

However, I have identified that by closing one processor (psradm -f 1), and
allowing only processor 0 to run, Apache runs normally with full multi access)

I have checked that sufficient TCP sockets are configured (512 with only 185
on average in use) as the error_log (Apache) was indicating SO_SNDBUF / SO_RCVBUF
and SO_SNDLOWAT / RCVLOWAT errors).

The problem appears to be that Apache can't run with dual processors (unless
there is a configuration solution ?? - not apparent)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Not at present, the only option appears to be to turn OFF the second processor,
which is counter-productive, as it was added to increase performance