www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sunder Raman <ra...@orillion.net>
Subject os-windows/4627: Unbale to locate the directory src after installing Apache Web Server 1.3.6(Binary)
Date Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:27:16 GMT

>Number:         4627
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Unbale to locate the directory src after installing Apache Web Server
1.3.6(Binary)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have downloaded Version 1.3.6 of Apache Web Server for Windows NT. I have downloaded the
file apache_1_3_6_win32.exe under the binaries directory and installed Apache Web Server.But
I am unable to find the file 'httpd.exe' in the src directory.When we clicked on the menu
item "Install Apache as Service(NT only)" we are unable to get the Apache Service in the Services
menu underneath Control Panel. Please advice at the earliest to overcome this problem.
We have even downloaded the toplevel file 'apache_1_3_6_win32.exe' which is present just above
the 'binaries' directory. In either case the problem is the same.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just run the apache_1_3_6_win32.exe downloaded from the site www.apache.org underneath the
'Download' link