www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eric Remy <edr...@chemserver.chem.vt.edu>
Subject config/4600: mime-types incorrectly assigns XYZ files to chemical/x-pdb
Date Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:35:16 GMT

>Number:         4600
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       mime-types incorrectly assigns XYZ files to chemical/x-pdb
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
mime-types contains the line

chemical/x-pdb pdb xyz

This is incorrect- PDB and XYZ files have a totally different format, and
plug-ins that read chemical data types such as Chime get confused by this,
resulting in all xyz files on the server refusing to load into the plugin
>How-To-Repeat:
Get an xyz file and a copy of the plug-in Chime. Plug-in is at http://www.mdli.com, xyz file
can be gotten from http://learn.chem.vt.edu/tutorials/atomic/1s.xyz

Save xyz file to server, try to read it with <embed src ="filename">
>Fix:
Change mime types to remove

chemical/x-pdb pdb xyz

and add instead