www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Lindberg <ml...@arcws.com>
Subject general/4577: Segmentation fault during httpd start (and httpd -t, etc) no logs, seems related to shared mod symbols
Date Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:36:59 GMT

>Number:         4577
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Segmentation fault during httpd start (and httpd -t, etc) no logs, seems
related to shared mod symbols
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Configuring a basic setup (./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache) works fine, but when adding
--enable-module=most --enable-shared=max, making and installing it gives the segmentation
fault.  Running gdb (run -t) shows:

(gdb) run -t
Starting program: /home/devel/apache/apache_1.3.6./src/httpd -t
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
0x40017033 in _dl_unmap_cache () from /lib/libdl.so.1
(NOTE-libdl.so.1 is linked to libdl.so.1.9.9)

The shared modules were working with an older version of gcc (2.7.3 I believe) but I had to
upgrade gcc in order to compile PHP3.

I understand that this is probably not a problem with apache itself but I could sure use a
hand figuring this out.  Thanks
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I haven't tried reinstalling gcc 2.7.3 and don't want to if I can get away with it. :)