www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "LEBLANC, CLAUDE" <claude.lebl...@bell.ca>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4546: errors during compilation of JServ
Date Tue, 08 Jun 1999 23:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4546; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "LEBLANC, CLAUDE" <claude.leblanc@bell.ca>
To: jon * <jon@clearink.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org, Claude Leblanc <claude.leblanc@bell.ca>
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4546: errors during compilation of JServ
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:50:33 -0400

 --------------6F30C7BAEFEDCEB17BDF3AAA

 jon * wrote:

 > could you please reply to this email and cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org and
 > include the full output of your attempt to install things?
 >
 > without more detailed information, it is difficult to help you.
 >
 > i have the same configuration that you do and it works fine. my
 > configuration files are at <http://www.working-dogs.com/jservconf/>
 >
 > -jon

 Here's the full output of the error messages I get when I try
 to "make install" JServ.

 jdk 1.2
 jsdk 2.1
 JServ 1.0_b5

 Thanks
 --------------6F30C7BAEFEDCEB17BDF3AAA

 Configuration complete.

 You might consider putting frequently used options into ./configure-options

 For further information please read the documentation.
 clleblan@bhxcj5$ make install
 Making install in src
 Making install in c
 /bin/sh ../../src/scripts/build/unix/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share/specific/Apache-JServ-1.0b3/sol/lib
 mkdir /usr/local/share/specific/Apache-JServ-1.0b3/sol/lib
 Making install in java
 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/io/LogRecord.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/util/ConfigurationsRepository.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/util/Configurations.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/util/SimpleQueue.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/io/LogWriter.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/io/ReadFullyInputStream.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/lang/AdaptiveClassLoader.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/lang/Bytes.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/lang/TimeoutException.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/lang/Lock.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/security/MessageDigest.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/net/AuthenticationException.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/net/AuthenticatedServerSocket.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/net/AuthenticatedSocket.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/security/MD5.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/java/util/ExtendedProperties.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/jserv/JServSendError.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/jserv/JServLogChannels.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/jserv/JServUtils.java

 CLASSPATH=:/usr/jsdk2.1/jsdk.jar:. /usr/java1.2/bin/javac -g -deprecation ./org/apache/jserv/JServLog.java
./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java ./org/apache/jserv/JServ.java
./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.j ava ./org/apache/jserv/JServSTMStore.java ./org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java

 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:798: The method java.lang.String getRealPath(java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface jav ax.servlet.ServletRequest.
     public String getRealPath(String path) {
                   ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:1374: The method boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromUrl()
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface javax.servl et.http.HttpServletRequest.
     public boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromUrl() {
                    ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:1494: The method void setStatus(int, java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface javax.servl et.http.HttpServletResponse.
     public void setStatus(int sc, String sm) {
                 ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:1656: The method java.lang.String encodeUrl(java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface java x.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.
     public String encodeUrl(String url) {
                   ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:1689: The method java.lang.String encodeRedirectUrl(java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interf ace javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.
     public String encodeRedirectUrl(String url) {
                   ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java:83: Note: interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionContext
has been deprecated.
 public class JServServletManager implements HttpSessionContext, Runnable, JServLogChannels
{
                                             ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java:731: The method javax.servlet.http.HttpSession
getSession(java.lang.String) declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager is not
deprecated, but overrides a deprecated method of the same signature decl ared in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionContext.
     public synchronized HttpSession getSession(String sessionId) {
                                     ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java:740: The method java.util.Enumeration getIds()
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager is not deprecated, but overrides a
deprecated method of the same signature declared in interface javax.servl et.http.HttpSessionContext.
     public synchronized Enumeration getIds() {
                                     ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:165: The method javax.servlet.Servlet getServlet(java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServContext is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface javax .servlet.ServletContext.
     public Servlet getServlet(String name) throws ServletException {
                    ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:209: The method java.util.Enumeration getServletNames()
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServContext is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface javax.servlet.Se rvletContext.
     public Enumeration getServletNames() {
                        ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:232: The method void log(java.lang.Exception, java.lang.String)
declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServContext is not deprecated, but overrides a deprecated
method of the same signature declared in interface javax.se rvlet.ServletContext.
     public void log( Exception ex, String msg ) {
                 ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:142: The method javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionContext
getSessionContext() declared in class org.apache.jserv.JServSession is not deprecated, but
overrides a deprecated method of the same signature declared in interfac e javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
     public synchronized HttpSessionContext getSessionContext() {
                                            ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromURL() from interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define void setAttribute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object)
from interface javax.servlet.ServletRequest.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define java.lang.String encodeURL(java.lang.String) from interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define javax.servlet.http.HttpSession getSession() from interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define java.lang.String encodeRedirectURL(java.lang.String)
from interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServConnection.java:76: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection must be
declared abstract. It does not define java.util.Enumeration getAttributeNames() from interface
javax.servlet.ServletRequest.
 public class JServConnection
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java:461: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext is an
abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
             context = new JServContext(servlet, this, initargs, (isAlias?name:null));
                       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServServletManager.java:767: class org.apache.jserv.JServSession is an
abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
         JServSession s = new JServSession(getIdentifier(route), this);
                          ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServ.java:132: class org.apache.jserv.JServConnection is an abstract
class. It can't be instantiated.
                 (new Thread(new JServConnection(clientSocket,
                             ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher getRequestDispatcher(java.lang.String)
from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define javax.servlet.ServletContext getContext(java.lang.String) from
interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define void setAttribute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) from interface
javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define java.net.URL getResource(java.lang.String) from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define java.io.InputStream getResourceAsStream(java.lang.String) from
interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define int getMajorVersion() from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define java.util.Enumeration getAttributeNames() from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define int getMinorVersion() from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServContext.java:90: class org.apache.jserv.JServContext must be declared
abstract. It does not define void removeAttribute(java.lang.String) from interface javax.servlet.ServletContext.
 class JServContext implements ServletConfig, ServletContext, JServSendError, JServLogChannels
{
       ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:68: class org.apache.jserv.JServSession must be declared
abstract. It does not define void setMaxInactiveInterval(int) from interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
 public class JServSession implements HttpSession {
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:68: class org.apache.jserv.JServSession must be declared
abstract. It does not define int getMaxInactiveInterval() from interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
 public class JServSession implements HttpSession {
              ^
 ./org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:142: Note: interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionContext
has been deprecated.
     public synchronized HttpSessionContext getSessionContext() {
                                            ^
 Note: 4 files use or override a deprecated API.  Please consult the documentation for a better
alternative in each case.
 20 errors, 1 warning
 *** Error code 1
 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `org/apache/jserv/JServ.class'
 Current working directory /usr/local/share/specific/Apache-JServ-1.0b3/src/java
 *** Error code 1
 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'