www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Derek Smith <de...@motortrak.com>
Subject general/4538: Netscape 4 crashing
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 12:10:11 GMT

>Number:         4538
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Netscape 4 crashing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We have recently changed over from NCSA to Apache.  Everything seemed OK,
but Netscape 4 (esp. 4.06) will crash when loading in the site.  IE works fine.

Then sites have a complex frameset, javascript, flash movies, cgi-scripts,
cascading style sheets and SSI all from the first frameset. (oh yeah, and
the frames that make up the page are from multiple hosts).

The last thing on the page to load in is the flash movie.  When it has
loaded, the browser does a refresh of all frames, but crashes.  This
problem only happens the first time you visit one of the sites(doesn't
refresh after loading on subsequent visits).

After noticing this problem we tried various ideas to stop crashes, but to
no avail.  We swithced back to NCSA and everything works(no refresh, no
crashes).  So there would seem to be a problem with Apache.

The only difference between our setup of NCSA and Apache is that we are using Keepalives in
Apache.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
>How-To-Repeat:
It may be possible for me to switch back at some point if a plausable solution
is suggested so that it can be tested, but due to the fact that this a live
server