www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Lloyd <Br...@digicool.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/4490: mod_cgi prevents handling of OPTIONS requests
Date Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/4490; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com>
To: "'coar@apache.org'" <coar@apache.org>
Cc: "'apbugs@Apache.Org'" <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: mod_cgi/4490: mod_cgi prevents handling of OPTIONS requests
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:34:31 -0400

 > Synopsis: mod_cgi prevents handling of OPTIONS requests
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
 > State-Changed-By: coar
 > State-Changed-When: Wed Jun  2 06:57:12 PDT 1999
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 > As the comment in the source remarks, very few CGI scripts
 > will respond correctly to an OPTIONS request.  The current
 > draft of the CGI/1.1 spec allows the server to intercept
 > this method (see <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/CGI/>).  This
 > would have to be selectably controllable (i.e., would need
 > a directive to enable/disable it for specific scopes) to
 > keep unaware scripts from responding incorrectly.  I'm
 > marking this as suspended so it won't be forgotten, even
 > though it's on the list for the next major release cycle.

 Thanks for the quick response. I presume that this would be
 done quicker if I submitted a patch implementing a HandleOptions
 directive of some sort. Should I submit that as a separate
 change request in the bug db, or as a continuation of this
 thread?

 Thanks,

 Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
 Software Engineer  540.371.6909