www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lupti Cheung <lu...@yahoo.com>
Subject general/4495: Cannot install apache as service (NT only) option
Date Sun, 30 May 1999 02:18:27 GMT

>Number:         4495
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Cannot install apache as service (NT only) option
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
After installing the downloaded .exe file on my d:\Program Files, I failed to
install Apache as Service following the instructions under the title: Running
Apache for Windows.
I went to Control Panel > Services to try to locate Apache service without
much luck. When I double click the "Install Apache as Service(NT only) icon,
there was a quick flash of DOS command window and then vanished. Nothing
happens afterward. Need help! Thanks.