www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: config/4432: apachctl fullstatus fails
Date Sat, 29 May 1999 00:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/4432; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
To: Apache bug database <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: config/4432: apachctl fullstatus fails
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 20:01:09 -0400

 >  Yes, I manually edited the httpd.conf and had to manually edit apachectl
 >  to make fullstatus work.

 If you manually changed the httpd.conf file, what did you expect
 to happen to make the apachectl script automatically match?

 >  Checking Makefile for the install part, it only replaces "Port 80" to
 >  "Port conf_port". There is NO port replacement for apachectl.

 Did you use 'make install' to change to port 82, or manual editing?
 If the former, this looks like a legitimate issue; if the latter,
 probably not.  If you used 'make install', what was the exact
 command you used to set the configuration to use port 82?

 > > By the way, port 82 is reserved for the XFER service.  (See
 > > <http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/port-numbers>.)
 > >

 >  That is not the point.

 Which is why I said "by the way."
 --