www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Dr. Weidong Wang" <ww...@isoft.com>
Subject Re: config/4432: apachctl fullstatus fails
Date Fri, 28 May 1999 22:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/4432; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dr. Weidong Wang" <wwang@isoft.com>
To: coar@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/4432: apachctl fullstatus fails
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 18:30:30 -0400

 coar@apache.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: apachctl fullstatus fails
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: coar
 > State-Changed-When: Wed May 26 09:00:49 PDT 1999
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 > How are you setting the port to 82?  By manually editing
 > the httpd.conf file?

 Yes, I manually edited the httpd.conf and had to manually edit apachectl
 to make fullstatus work.

 Checking Makefile for the install part, it only replaces "Port 80" to
 "Port conf_port". There is NO port replacement for apachectl.

 > By the way, port 82 is reserved for the XFER service.  (See
 > <http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/port-numbers>.)

 That is not the point.

 --
 Dr. Weidong Wang                         IntelliSoft Corp.
 wwang@isoft.com                          http://www.isoft.com