www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ivo Palli <...@arak.ptf.hro.nl>
Subject mod_env/4474: The names of environment variables get changes to underscores in CGI's
Date Wed, 26 May 1999 09:02:05 GMT

>Number:         4474
>Category:       mod_env
>Synopsis:       The names of environment variables get changes to underscores in CGI's
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When using a CGI program, environment variable names like HTTP_REFERRER get
changed to '_____________' making it impossible to use them in a CGI program.
>How-To-Repeat:
Reverse the fix, described below.
>Fix:
I traced the error to old lib files. I used these:
        libdl.so.1 => /lib/libdl.so.1.7.14
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5.3.12

The problem dissapeared when I updated the lib files to these versions:
        libdl.so.1 => /lib/libdl.so.1.9.9
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5.4.44