www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/3842: error: not a valid Windows NT application.
Date Mon, 24 May 1999 17:28:36 GMT

Synopsis: error: not a valid Windows NT application.

Comment-Added-By: coar
Comment-Added-When: Mon May 24 10:28:34 PDT 1999
Comment-Added:
[Comment added by someone sending mail to the database
incorrectly.]

Jakob,

With regards your PR3842 problem.

I had exactly the same probem and was able to fix by changing the Apache
entry in the registry. For some reason the service control manager does not
want to take long file names, and just using the older style DOS 8.3 format
seemed to fix my problems.

Adam Trickett PhD
Entomology, UC Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
NOTE: As of 29 April 1999, I am no longer a UCR employee.
After this date I can be reached via my personal email addresses of
  adam_trickett@bigfoot.com  or  adamtrickett@excite.co.uk
In line with UCR guidelines: Any opinions expressed in this mailing
are personal and do not represent the official view(s) of UCR.