www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bart Locanthi <ba...@responsys.com>
Subject Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4443: native threads don't work with jserv
Date Thu, 20 May 1999 16:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4443; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bart Locanthi <bartl@responsys.com>
To: apwww@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org, p.fumagalli@fumagalli.org, bart@sabl.com
Subject: Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4443: native threads don't work with jserv
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:17:51 +0000

 i of course am using glibc 2.1, but i'm also using the v3 build of
 blackdown 1.1.7, which is compiled to work with glibc 2.1. are you
 saying the native threads part of v3 is compiled to work with glibc 2.1
 but is broken in some other way?

 i had the same problems using Threads in servlets with the old glibc.

 i don't know if it's jserv or the blackdown native threads port.

 1) i am able to use native threads outside of jserv. i have a program
 (http://mrhat.indius.com/pub/Self.java) that mercilessly pounds on
 Threads & Sockets, that works fine so long as it doesn't run out of
 resources (uncollected Sockets, perhaps?).

 2) jserv appears to run fine with native threads so long as a servlet
 doesn't create a Thread. again, i need to try this on solaris to better
 point a finger.