www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Davide Bruzzone <dbruz...@athena.it>
Subject general/4439: servlets execution lock the database
Date Tue, 18 May 1999 14:19:50 GMT

>Number:         4439
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       servlets execution lock the database
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When I execute a query servlet on a database (Sybase, located on an other PC), the database
continue to send data even if I stop the browser.
In these conditions I cannot run any other query on database until the previous is done.
In case of multiple users connections, I get an "Out of Memory" error in the error_log of
Apache, Apache stops and the database is locked.

>How-To-Repeat:
Try to make an heavy servlet query on a database and stop it before the end.After this try
to execute another query servlet.
>Fix:
No