www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jan Tegtmeier <tegtme...@ngate.de>
Subject mod_perl/4438: cannot execute symbolic links to perlscripts
Date Tue, 18 May 1999 09:42:41 GMT

>Number:         4438
>Category:       mod_perl
>Synopsis:       cannot execute symbolic links to perlscripts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a directory correctly configured for cgi-scripts. I can run my script test.pl on the
console and by calling the url "http://mydomain/cgi/test.pl". It gives back the correct Content-type,
and some html-code. I can also execute link.pl on the console (because it is a link to test.pl)
and get the same output, but if I try to open the url "http://mydomain/cgi/link.pl" I always
get "Internal Server Error" and can find the well known message in the logfile:

[Tue May 18 11:18:26 1999] [error] Premature end of script headers: /home/nglinks/www/cgi/link.pl

My directory /home/nglinks/www/cgi looks like this:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 nglinks  users         159 May 18 11:12 test.pl*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 nglinks  users          10 May 18 10:25 link.pl -> test.pl*

Isn't is possible to run symbolic linked perl-scripts?

btw, it works with *hard* links!
>How-To-Repeat:
Create a symbolic link to a perl-script und open the url.