www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Ross Inglis" <r...@telemedia.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4400: Apparent memory leak (server side?)
Date Thu, 13 May 1999 13:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4400; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ross Inglis" <rshi@telemedia.co.uk>
To: "jon *" <jon@clearink.com>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4400: Apparent memory leak (server side?)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 14:25:29 +0100

 -----Original Message-----
 From: jon * <jon@clearink.com>
 To: rshi@telemedia.co.uk <rshi@telemedia.co.uk>
 Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org <apbugs@hyperreal.org>
 Date: 12 May 1999 22:05

 >>>Fix:
 >> Nope. I thought perhaps it was a problem in my servlets, but the memory
 is
 >> being allocated by the server, not by the Java VM. Also, very simple
 servlets
 >> seem to show the problem.
 >
 >The issue is that the version of the .dll that you are using is 1.0b3 and
 >1.0b3 contains a known memory leak that has been fixed in 1.0b4.
 >
 >Unfortunately for you, there is no build of the 1.0b4 .dll because of some
 >Win32 build problems with 1.0b4 that have been fixed in the in development
 >1.0b5-Dev version.
 >
 >So, your solution is to either build the .dll yourself from the CVS source
 >code or wait until 1.0b5 is released.

 OK. Thanks.

 FYI: I did build the .DLL from src ( eventually :) )
 [I also had to rebuild ApacheCore.dll with an extra symbol (ap_open_logs)
 exported?]

 The problem certainly seems to be fixed.  I did observe server memory slowly
 increasing during my tests, but at nowhere near the 16K-per-link rate seen
 with the 1.0b[34] JSERV .DLL.

 Ross.