www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "jon *" <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4400: Apparent memory leak (server side?)
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 21:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4400; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "jon *" <jon@clearink.com>
To: rshi@telemedia.co.uk
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4400: Apparent memory leak (server side?)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:05:01 -0700

 >>Fix:
 > Nope. I thought perhaps it was a problem in my servlets, but the memory is
 > being allocated by the server, not by the Java VM. Also, very simple servlets
 > seem to show the problem.

 The issue is that the version of the .dll that you are using is 1.0b3 and
 1.0b3 contains a known memory leak that has been fixed in 1.0b4.

 Unfortunately for you, there is no build of the 1.0b4 .dll because of some
 Win32 build problems with 1.0b4 that have been fixed in the in development
 1.0b5-Dev version.

 So, your solution is to either build the .dll yourself from the CVS source
 code or wait until 1.0b5 is released.

 thanks,

 -jon