www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ross Inglis <r...@telemedia.co.uk>
Subject mod_jserv/4400: Apparent memory leak (server side?)
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 18:17:03 GMT

>Number:         4400
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apparent memory leak (server side?)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have noted that each time I follow a servlet link (that is a URL that
runs a local servlet), about 16K of memory is allocated by the server
(Apache.exe).  This memory never seems to be freed up.  Memory usage by the
java VM appears more or less constant, the leak appears to be in the server
(but I guess it may be in the DLL?).

Following non-servlet links is not a problem, memory usage remains constant.

Note: I have not enabled server cache (no CacheRoot set).
>How-To-Repeat:
Using Apache under NT, follow a URL link to a servlet, it does not appear to matter what kind
of servlet.  Watch memory usage growing using the Task Manager.
>Fix:
Nope. I thought perhaps it was a problem in my servlets, but the memory is
being allocated by the server, not by the Java VM. Also, very simple servlets
seem to show the problem.