www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ulrich "Römer" <roe...@wetteronline.com>
Subject general/4347: the problem: sometimes the server will stop but all processes are running.
Date Mon, 03 May 1999 13:54:54 GMT

>Number:         4347
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       the problem: sometimes the server will stop but all processes are running.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.6
>Environment:
uname -a: LINUX wetteronline 2.2.3 #20 SMP i686 unknown
apache 1.3.6
Compiled-in modules: http_core.c mod_env.c mod_log_config.c mod_mime.c mod_negotiation.c mod_status.c
mod_include.c mod_autoindex.c mod_dir.c mod_cgi.c mod_asis.c mod_imap.c mod_actions.c mod_speling.c
mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c mod_access.c mod_auth.c mod_expires.c mod_headers.c mod_setenvif.c
mod_zmod.c
the problem: sometimes the server will stop but all processes are running.
this means with ps -uxa i see all process but I can't get contact to the
server. When I restart the server with apache restart then everthing
works fine. This comes only in the time with high trafic.

at this time there are about 20 requests/sec and 40 kByte/second.
about 100 requests currently being processed, 19 idle servers

Is there a problem with intern buffers?

In http.conf i changed MAX-Clients to 225 but nothing happens.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.wetteronline.de/

I can't repeat this problem. It comes sometimes.