www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ChihCheng Lee <le...@catlover.com>
Subject general/4345: Apache deley to restart if too busy...
Date Mon, 03 May 1999 04:22:47 GMT

>Number:         4345
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache deley to restart if too busy...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I am run apache in NT console mode. (not service mode)

If I send "apache -k restart" to restart apache, it's worked.
but if Apache very busy, it will delay to restart.

For example, at 23:59 PM, there are about 120 clients on
Apahce (PS: KeepAlive if off), then I send "apache -k restart"
, and Apache will restart after 0.5 to 2 hours.

If apache not busy (ps: only 10~20 clients), it's will restart
immediately.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try restart command on a busy NT site.
>Fix:
Sorry, I don't know.

Restart is not very importent. you can fix it or not.
I got a way to fast restart my apache. just run apache as a batch, like:

:aa
Apache
goto aa

Then, if I want restart apache, run "kill.exe Apache.exe" ,
then both Apache.exe threads will end, and the batch will let
my Apache quick restart :)
If I hope end apache, just close the console windows :~)
(ps:kill.exe is a utility in NT Resource kit,like UNIX's kill)