www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Peter Chen <petec...@remus.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: config/3935: XLS in mime.types
Date Wed, 21 Apr 1999 05:26:14 GMT
At 11:20 PM +0000 4/20/99, dgaudet@apache.org wrote:
>Synopsis: XLS in mime.types
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
>State-Changed-By: dgaudet
>State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 20 16:20:13 PDT 1999
>State-Changed-Why:
>Yeah I added it.  That doesn't mean it'll make it to distribution,
>because some folks insist that mime.types match some standard
>somewhere and .xls isn't in that standard, or some nonsense like
>that.
>
>Dean

Thank you very much.  It's nonsense indeed.  This is yet another case of
tail wagging the dog.  Are standards not designed to accomodate user needs,
instead of the other way around?  This reminds me of a system admin that
refuses to add a mime type in order to maintain a vanilla apache
distribution.

Pete

Peter Chen
email: <mailto:petechen@remus.rutgers.edu>