www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Max Campos <m...@wolfram.com>
Subject Re: mod_mime/3998: DirectoryMatch/LocationMatch fail when used with SetHandler & Action
Date Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:08:48 GMT
Dean,
	Even if this is correct behavior, there should at least be a note
that warns people against this, and/or Apache should catch this and not
spin off into infinite doom when a request comes in.  Even if it's just
an absolute fail safe directive that limits how many levels deep you can
perform a subrequest.

I could not find anywhere something that says that action prepends the URI
to the request and issues a subrequest, which is then (again) matched
against LocationMatch/DirectoryMatch blocks.  Unless you are familiar with
Apache internals, there's no way you could even *guess* that this would
happen.

Our configuration is not broken, this is actually a real requirement for
our site.  In the end, we ended up doing a mod_rewrite hack to fix this.

Max Campos