www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject [Fwd: Re: general/4280: Can not handle the proxy request for chinese directories or files]
Date Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:44:36 GMT
> Thanks a lot for all those details; it really rules out a few things. Unfortunately I
> cannot access the link you gave me; I get a 502 or 500 error (both on the FTP and/or
> HTTP port).
>
> We have done much the same with KOI, Big5 and UTF8 and I can vouch that it should work.
>
> Just a few questions;
>
> 	Could you outline a few ports/IP addresses; i.e which machine fetches
> 	what over what port/protocol ? And let me know the URLs so I can
> 	have a look ?
>
> 	What charset are you using; and if you are using a non-8 bit set, do
> 	you use something like UTF6, UTF7, UTF8 or PORB to encode things ?
>
> 	And have you set anything like special mime types, or are using things
> 	like MIME/Base64pm to encode on the fly ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Dw.

Sure.
166.111.66.199 fetches some Chinese files on 166.111.4.80 over port 80 on
166.111.64.132. The 166.111.4.80 is a ftp testing site on C(hina)
E(ducation) (and) R(esearch) NET(work), so perhaps it can not be access
from outside of the CERNET. :( And I have not found another site like it.
I will try to found one.

The charset I used is "ch-cn" ( in IE5.0) and gb2312 (in Netscape). I use
UTF8 in IE5.0.

I am not sure whether the browser or the proxy server has used the MIME or
something else to encode on the fly. Would you tell me how to know that?

Great thanks to you.
Good Luck.

Chen Minghua