www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jacques Distler <dist...@golem.ph.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/4129: Instructions for simulating RefererIgnore incorrect
Date Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/4129; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jacques Distler <distler@golem.ph.utexas.edu>
To: coar@apache.org
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_log-any/4129: Instructions for simulating RefererIgnore
	incorrect
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:11:58 -0500

 I'm not sure what we are quibbling about.

 The NCSA http-referer log, with the RefererIgnore directive, ignored blank
 HTTP_REFERER fields and HTTP_REFERER fields which are URIs from the named web
 site.

 I expect that there are various different regular expressions one could
 write down which would accomplish this in mod_log_referer. However, if the
 documentation states that

 	mod_log_referer and

 		SetEnvIf Referer REGEXP

 	simulate the NCSA behaviour

 then they ought to do that. The fact that mod_log_referer logs null
 HTTP_REFERER fields is a departure from the behaviour of NCSA http-referer
 log. That should be noted in the docs.

 Perhaps my modification of your sample REGEXP only muddies the issue.