www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ROCHE Xavier <ro...@ensicaen.ismra.fr>
Subject Re: general/3915: Suggest code: automatically "hides" email addresses using javascript to avoid spamming/email grabbers on Web sites
Date Fri, 30 Apr 1999 06:20:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3915; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: ROCHE Xavier <roche@ensicaen.ismra.fr>
To: coar@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/3915: Suggest code: automatically "hides" email addresses using javascript
to avoid spamming/email grabbers on Web sites
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 08:09:16 +0200 (MET DST)

 [Synopsis: Suggest code: automatically "hides" email addresses using javascript to avoid

 spamming/email grabbers on Web sites]

 The patch is on the http_core.c file source, in the default_handler function. This is just
 call to a "void _nospam_patch_code(char* sbuff,int slen,char** _dbuff,int* _dlen)" routine,

 that transforms all active email addresses (a href="mailto:..") into javascript code. If
the
 browser does not support javascript, the email address will appear, however the link won't
be
 active. (This is the limit of the system)

 Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make a module, but I'll send the source to anyone

 who will ask me to.

 Regards,
 Xavier Roche