www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Agnew <brian.ag...@saudibank.com>
Subject mod_jserv/4324: Curious behaviour with respect to
Date Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:47:04 GMT

>Number:         4324
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Curious behaviour with respect to
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a servlet with an inner class, and a constructor associated with that class.

eg.

public class MyClass {

   private class Inner {
      public Inner() {
      }
   }
}

This runs fine from the command line. If I change the constructor to be private, then it still
runs from the command line, but fails under JServ. I get a java.lang.IllegalAccessException
when trying to access the constructor.
>How-To-Repeat:
No example URL, I'm afraid. I've just built a basic servlet to exhibit this behaviour. The
error will appear in the JServ log.
>Fix:
Not that familiar with the class loader, I'm afraid....