www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Matt Hoskins <m...@nipltd.com>
Subject mod_headers/4304: It'd be useful to be able to alter request headers as well as response ones.
Date Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:22:53 GMT

>Number:         4304
>Category:       mod_headers
>Synopsis:       It'd be useful to be able to alter request headers as well as response
ones.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
At the moment mod_headers manipulates response headers. It would be useful
to be able to manipulate request headers. You can then customise the request
before it is passed on by mod_proxy. In my case I'm using apache to transparently
hide several (less flexible) web servers behind it, and want apache to handle
the authorisation of the client and then remove the Authorization header from
the request before it is passed on. I can also see cases for adding headers
to the request to pass information to the hidden server.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I've done a fairly simple patch to add a "HeaderRequest" configuration command
which is the same as the "Header" command, except it affects request headers
instead of response headers. The patch is available at:
http://marvin.nipltd.com/~matt/mod_headers.patch