www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/3751: CGI scripts arent killed when they are in deadlock (fwd)
Date Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/3751; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_cgi/3751: CGI scripts arent killed when they are in deadlock (fwd)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 02:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:22:11 +0200
 From: Viktor Bodrogi <viktor@irisz.hu>
 To: dgaudet@apache.org
 Subject: Re: mod_cgi/3751: CGI scripts arent killed when they are in deadlock

 Hi!

 Thanks for answering my question, but it's already eliminated
 by using fcgi. So I even don't remember the situation,
 but I'm sure it was a problem for me, having some deadlocked cgi's
 runing for hours until I kill them. Probably they did write anything,
 but in this case they should killed when the client disconnects,
 shouldn't they?

 Anyway, mod_fcgi is a great solution, we have a very overloaded server,
 with normal cgi the processor load was about 50 sometimes,
 now it's always under 5. According to my benchmarks the server
 answers about 20-30 times faster now (without load).

 Thanks anyway!

 viktor@nexus.hu