www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Minghua Chen <c...@video.mdc.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Subject general/4280: Can not handle the proxy request for chinese directories or files
Date Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:50:35 GMT

>Number:         4280
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Can not handle the proxy request for chinese directories or files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have setuped a proxy HTTP&FTP server using Apache 1.3.3 on a TurboLinux 3.0.1
with kernel version 2.1.131, and 64M Memory, 2G HD.

Every thing is ok, except when others want to access the Chinese directories or
files through proxy, they get server error 400. What they used is IE4.0/5.0 and
Netscape 3.0/4.5.

But while I use lynx on server to access the Chinese direcoties or files, it
works very well.

So, I think whether there is some hidden features when using proxy or there is
just a bug?

Note: Chinese direcotries or files means direcotries or files with name written
in Chinese.
>How-To-Repeat:
You can ftp to a ftp site(ftp://166.111.4.80 etc) which has Chinese directories
 or files in it, through a proxy server using Apache 1.3.x

And a 400 error message will be gotten:
"Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."

Thanks for your help.
>Fix:
Sorry, none. Perhaps need to make some changes in the codes?