www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From DEBLY "François" <f.de...@masai-sys.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/4272: ServletRequest.getRemoteUser() returns null
Date Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:35:38 GMT

>Number:         4272
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       ServletRequest.getRemoteUser() returns null
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have protected the root directory with a .htaccess file. I have declared a servlet zone
in a subdirectory of the root directory.
I use the servlet from a very simple HTML form :
<FORM ACTION=/soceca/SocecaServlet>
<INPUT TYPE=.....>
</FORM>

When I asked my html page, the security prompt works correctly and when I submit the form,
the servlet is correctly launched except that the "getRemoteUser" is unable to get back the
remote user from the security prompt.
How can I get it ???
>How-To-Repeat:
see description.