www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Burbridge <joh...@warp.psi.br>
Subject os-windows/4217: Set-Cookie headers are NOT passed on NT box.
Date Fri, 09 Apr 1999 21:54:13 GMT

>Number:         4217
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Set-Cookie headers are NOT passed on NT box.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Cookies no passed while execing a Perl script (follows):
-------------< start script >-------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
$output =
qq~Set-Cookie: test=Ohmygod; expires=Fri, 31-Dec-1999 00:00:00 GMT; path=/ domain=warp.psi.br

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
<HTML><BODY>
$ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'}
</BODY></HTML>
~;
print $output;

The output gathered from Apache (telnet://localhost:80) was the following:

>From the simplicity of what is described above, I guess you can pretty much tell that
the Set-Cookie header is getting gobbled up somewhere along the way.
>How-To-Repeat:
yes, just run the script above mentioned on your own NT box.
>Fix:
nope... I'm just the guy using Apache! :o)