www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Steve Mencik" <st...@mencik.com>
Subject Re: general/4213: .htaccess skipped when IE5 has friendly error messages set
Date Fri, 09 Apr 1999 18:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/4213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Steve Mencik" <steve@mencik.com>
To: <marc@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: general/4213: .htaccess skipped when IE5 has friendly error messages set
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:05:54 -0400

 I have complained to Microsoft. They claim it is Apache's problem.
 Their solution is to turn off "friendly error messages". Unfortunately,
 I cannot tell all potential customers to do that! Hopefully the developers
 from Apache can talk to their counterparts at Microsoft and straighten
 this out. You should have a lot more clout with them than I do.

 As for the redirect statements, is it possible within .htaccess to
 redirect *.htm to the equivalent *.shtml? If not, then the solution
 I chose is the best way to do what I want, without a whole slew of
 Redirect statements in the .htaccess file. Or are you saying that I
 should have a "Location:" field in my returned document instead
 of using the META tag method?

 Thanks for your help.
 Steve Mencik