www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steven Roussey <srous...@network54.com>
Subject general/4203: redirect based on 404 turns POST into GET
Date Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:54:19 GMT

>Number:         4203
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       redirect based on 404 turns POST into GET
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm using ErrorDocument 404 directive to redirect to index.php3 so that I can lookup the URL
in a database and display the corresponding page. This works OK, but when a POST form is used,
REQUEST_METHOD is GET, not POST, so PHP does not use the content (even though it has a length,
etc.) to create HTTP_POST_VARS.
>How-To-Repeat:
see above
>Fix:
If there is a redirect, the post needs to be redirected (at least for 404 redirects), which
means REQUEST_METHOD should be the same as REDIRECT_REQUEST_METHOD.