www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chuck Adams <charles.ad...@sun.com>
Subject general/4202: Last-Modified increases steadily
Date Wed, 07 Apr 1999 01:50:34 GMT

>Number:         4202
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Last-Modified increases steadily
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I save a file then request it, the last-modified header doesn't reflect
the mtime according to stat(), but instead appears to only *gradually* increase
for a minute, reporting a different last-modified time each time it is accessed
until it does match up with mtime.  This throws off a particular utility of mine
that "watches" a url and triggers an event when it changes, causing spurious
updates.  I'm not certain if this is a feature of some sort, but it certainly
appears to be counterintuitive...