www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Les Fenison <...@cybcon.com>
Subject general/4195: Not enough file descriptors
Date Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:57:18 GMT

>Number:         4195
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Not enough file descriptors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Unable to start server if there are too many log files in the conf file.
The error in the log file says;
[warn] (24)Too many open files: unable to open a file descriptor above 15, you may need to
increase the n
umber of descriptors

I have tried using this;

EXTRA_CFLAGS=-DNO_SLACK -DFD_SETSIZE=1024

I also tried -FD_SETSIZE=1024 but gcc didn't recoginize it.

I have also put unlimit openfiles in my sh script that starts the server.
>How-To-Repeat:
It is easy to repeat.  I can send you my httpd.conf or you should be able to
duplicate it by putting in about 80 virtual domains each with 4 log file names
specified.  Each log file being unique to that virtual domain.  That should be
about 320 log files.
>Fix:
Not a clue.  Find a way to allow more open files.