www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: general/4066: configuration with --enable-shared=max causes module to not load
Date Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/4066; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@engelschall.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/4066: configuration with --enable-shared=max causes module to not
load
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:42:19 +0200

 In article <19990316084642.26050.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

 >>Synopsis:       configuration with --enable-shared=max causes module to not load
 >[...]
 > If I use the option --enable-shared=max during configuration, my "extra"
 > frontpage module fails to load.  Without using --enable-shared=max, everything
 > is fine.
 >>How-To-Repeat:

 Sorry, but then the Frontpage module is broken.  At least I cannot image why
 this is Apaches fault.  The --enable-shared=max just enables DSO for the
 module. When it later fails to load it has some symbol references which fail
 to resolve it it's broken in another way.  Contact the author of the Frontpage
 module, please.
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        www.engelschall.com