www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Hammer <ham...@inel.gov>
Subject os-windows/4187: I can not compile the htpasswd.c file and I need the htpasswd.exe for NT to apply user level security to my server.
Date Thu, 01 Apr 1999 20:16:25 GMT

>Number:         4187
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       I can not compile the htpasswd.c file and I need the htpasswd.exe for
NT to apply user level security to my server.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When I try to compile the htpasswd.c file in the src/support directory
I am getting errors that I do not know how to fix.  I am trying to use
Borland 5.01 C++ to compile because I do not have access to UNIX.  I have used
the URL http://www.apacheweek.com/features/userauth as a guide for installing
user level access on the server.  So far I have tried many resources and can not
get the htpasswd.c file into an exe that I can run from NT.  My server is shut
down now until I get this resolved, so please help me with this problem!!
>How-To-Repeat:
The server is behind a firewall and it only for internal use.
>Fix:
Please compile a Windows vertion of the htpasswd.c program, also it would be very helpful
it you know a URL with instruction for configuring this on an NT workstation.