www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Johnson <john...@isn.dac.neu.edu>
Subject Re: general/4070: partially loading GIFs
Date Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:14:13 GMT
On 17 Mar 1999 marc@apache.org wrote:

> Synopsis: partially loading GIFs
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: marc
> State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 17 12:53:47 PST 1999
> State-Changed-Why:
> Sorry, if you can't provide the information we ask for we can't
> run around trying to get it from you.  There is a reason
> we _ask_ that you give it.
>
> First thing you need to do is upgrade to a current version of
> Apache, and not use an ancient beta.  Second thing you need
> to do is be a LOT more descriptive about what exactly
> you are seeing, what clients you are seeing it with, if
> there is anything in the error log, etc.

     Did upgrade to 1.3.4

     Nothing in the error_log

     Clients used Netscape 4.04 & IE 4.0

     In one case there are foyur animated GIFs which should loop.
They don't loop when down loaded from Apache.  They do from WebStar.

     Anything else?

Chris Johnson                  |Internet: johnson@isn.dac.neu.edu
Assistant Director, Systems    |Web:      http://www.dac.neu.edu/dac/c.johnson
Division of Academic Computing |Voice:    617.373.3300
Northeastern University, 39 RI |FAX:      617.373.8600
360 Huntington Ave.            |Life, a bad idea who's time is past.
Boston, MA., U.S.A.  02115     |    Me