www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Roger Pack <rd...@email.byu.edu>
Subject os-windows/4154: Apache "starting up" is a little confusing
Date Sun, 28 Mar 1999 05:48:03 GMT

>Number:         4154
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache "starting up" is a little confusing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In win95 the auto-find IP address on startup does not work.  It might not on
NT either, as http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1658 seemed to mention the
same thing occurring.
>How-To-Repeat:
Run Apache with the default (installation) configuration while either online
or offline: it tells you to set up servername no matter what.
Every time this thing catches me because it doesn't seem to say in httpd.conf
that it is necessary.
>Fix:
in httpd.conf uncomment #servername
and also make it say ServerName enter.your.host.name
so that users recognize it as something they should do, instead of optional.