www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Damon Sauer <sauer.dam...@bapco.bls.com>
Subject config/4153: Same problem as pr# 4021
Date Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:50:28 GMT

>Number:         4153
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Same problem as pr# 4021
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Mar 27 16:10:00 PST 1999
>Originator:     sauer.damonf@bapco.bls.com
>Release:        1.3.6
hpux 10.20 using GCC
I am getting the exact same error as pr#4021 and I have recompiled GCC 4 times.
I have the exact same server configuration.

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.4
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for HP-UX 10 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
as: "/var/tmp/cca29575.s", line 15: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA
as: "/var/tmp/cca29575.s", line 38: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA

 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.