www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Vahe R. Khachikyan" <v...@fh-konstanz.de>
Subject Re: os-windows/4121: Aliases
Date Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/4121; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Vahe R. Khachikyan" <vahe@fh-konstanz.de>
To: <coar@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/4121: Aliases
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:12:45 +0100

 Hi! :))

 Thanks for your response..... , But it seems that the problem is not in
 configuration file.
 That was configured like you wrote .
  I'll try to explain a disposition again. There are two NT machines on the
 same NT domain
 "FhKn". First machine is VVL2 second one VVL6. Apache server is running on
 VVL2
  Folder \\VVL6\Apache_org is mapped as network drive G:\ on VVL2 . there is
 a full sharing
  and full permissions open on that folder.
 Both systems are NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 4)
 So lets look at configuration file. Part of aliases contain following

 Alias /Apache/ "G:/Number1/"

 So that's it . When I run Apache as console application it works perfectly!
 By the way even  when I tried to change this line to

 Alias /Apache/ "G:/Number1"

 It steel works!! ;-))
 But when I try to run Apache as NT service it doesn't work,  !
 Here is what it reports for Browser
 -------------------CUT HERE------------------------------------------------
 Forbidden
 You don't have permission to access /Apache/ on this server.
 -------------------CUT HERE------------------------------------------------

 And here is what it logs to error log file

 -----------------CUT HERE--------------------------------------------------
 [Fri Mar 26 03:51:41 1999] [crit] [client 141.37.112.102] (13)
 Permission denied: g:/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to
 check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
 ------------------CUT HERE-------------------------------------------------

 I don't do something special just : Shut down Apache console app, then
 start Apache Service with the absolutely same httpd.conf file.

 Here is the <Directory> directive from conf file maybe it'll be interesting
 --------------------CUT HERE----------------------------------------
 <Directory />
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None