www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From kp...@raleigh.ibm.com
Subject Re: mod_cgi/4135: can't kill runaway CGI process - possibly related to #3751
Date Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:58:12 GMT

Synopsis: can't kill runaway CGI process - possibly related to #3751

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: kparz@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 25 13:58:09 PST 1999
State-Changed-Why:
Hello,

Actually, this one is exactly like PR #3168.  The problem
is that you are running Apache as a Service under the
default account (Local System).  Since it is Local System
that started the CGI, no other user is allowed to terminate
the process.  A fix needs to go into Apache to change
the security settings on the started CGI.

As a work around, you can change the "Startup" account
that Apache uses to start under to some account that you
can log on to.  Then, when you need to kill some rogue
CGI processes, you can log on as that user and then should
be able to kill the processes.  I know it's not clean,
but at least it's something. :-)

I'm closing this one since 3168 is prior.

Thanks for using Apache.